Jim had a great time playing golf. The golf highlight was a round at the Hualalai course at the Four Seasons Resort, you can read up on it in Golf Digest if you want to know more. It was awesome! I rode along in the cart, caddie of sorts. He was ready to play a second round that day! Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for Aimee the caddie) we didn't have time.
Another highlight was our "whale-watching," turned "swim-with-the-dolphins" event! We left from the resort on a small boat to find whales for a couple hours. We saw a few whale tails from a couple hundred yards away (a little underwhelming, although pretty amazing when you think about it). Then the boat captain took us in closer to shore where we came across a school of dolphins. He gave us snorkel gear and told us to jump in! The water was about 50 feet deep, and totally clear with white sand on the ocean floor. It was fantastic! Several hundred dolphins, totally unphased by our presence. Some came within a few feet of us. They were jumping, diving, spinning. They migrated away after about 15 minutes. It was amazing! It took me back to my days in 5th grade when I dreamed of being a marine biologist! Here are some pictures, although all you can see are a couple of dolphin fins on the top of the water (they move a little too fast for digital cameras).


One of Jim's other favorite events was a Jeep tour that we took of the Waipio Valley on the last day. We got there intending to hike from the look out point down into the valley. We were in our Jeep that we had rented for the week (Jim has always had a thing for Jeeps). When we got there, we found an access road leading down the the beach, four wheel drive required! That was an opportunity that Jim was not going to pass up! We had to drive through several stream beds, saw several waterfalls and ended up on the beach where we watched some surfers for a few minutes. It was fun. Jim had the time of his life, what more could we ask for!

It was FABULOUS! We won't soon forget our week in paradise! And of course, in closing, a picture of our children back in the deep freeze! (Thanks to all of you who helped take care of them while we were gone!)

8 comments:
I am sooo jealous of your stint in paradise my stomach is actually churning. Sounds so fun. Love the blog!
How did I not know about your fabulous blog?! Mom told me about it today so now you can consider yourself officially stalked! Maybe this will help me miss you less...probably not.
Hawaii looks amazing and the kids look like they are freezing. We miss you all!
come on now aimee- I know something else has happened in your life that you need to write about...you can't create a blog and post quarterly it is just not fair to your devoted readers
Aimee, I'm so glad we've found each other in the blogosphere! I hadn't heard much about your trip to Hawaii, so fun to get all the details--it sounds so exotic! I can't believe you got to swim with dolphins! How cool! And I'm sure Jim loved the Jeep adventure. He has always coveted the Jeeps.
How exciting to see your cute blog! And Hawaii looks so fun!! I bet it was nice to get away without the kiddos for a few days.
Yeah I'm glad we have a blog exchange now. That place you stayed looked totally awesome!! Did you take pics of the inside of the room! I would love to stay in a place like that. Dave and I will have to try that out. And swimming with the dolphins, I don't know about that. But sounds like you guys were daring!! Sounds like fun!!
Ok...you've got to update things women!! Love ya
Jim,
It sorta looks like the vacation was a little rainy. But it still looks like alot of fun.
From,
Derek
Post a Comment